Summer is when many major events take place, such as vacations, weddings, and, yes, the awful process of moving. Summer moving plans have gotten so chaotic, according to some of the top companies , that now people have started choosing the spring season. Summer, on the other hand, offers the flexibility to organise a movement around your child’s holiday time or when the work is less (the chance of getting a dry and sunny day to move), so it will continue to be a popular time to move.
The most difficult aspects of a summer move are transporting heavy objects in extreme heat, the quickness with which mover calendars fill up, and the price spikes that might occur as a result of such strong demand. If you’re planning a summer move, check out the list of dos and don’ts of moving in summer to ensure a seamless transition.
- Plan ahead: Start planning your move well in advance to avoid last-minute rush and to secure the services of a reputable moving company.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated to avoid heat exhaustion or heatstroke.
- Schedule your move in the morning or evening: To avoid the hottest part of the day, schedule your move in the morning or evening when the temperatures are cooler.
- Use proper packing materials: Use sturdy boxes, packing paper, and bubble wrap to protect your belongings from heat and humidity.
- Take precautions when packing perishable items: If you’re moving perishable items like food or plants, make sure to pack them in insulated coolers or boxes with ice packs.
- Dress appropriately: Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing, and comfortable shoes to stay cool and comfortable during the move.
- Take breaks: Take regular breaks during the move to rest and rehydrate.
- Do apply sunscreen: Moving entails spending many hours of the day in the sun. Sunscreen is required in these circumstances. To protect your skin from UV damage, use a waterproof sunscreen which has an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply all over your face and body at least half an hour before you want to go outside.
- Don’t leave packing to the last minute: Summer is a busy time for moving companies, so don’t wait until the last minute to start packing.
- Don’t forget to label your boxes: Make sure to label your boxes with their contents and the room they belong in to make unpacking easier.
- Don’t forget to update your address: Update your address with all relevant parties, such as your bank, employer, and the post office, to avoid missing important mail.
- Don’t forget to clean your old home: Clean your old home thoroughly before leaving to ensure that you get your security deposit back.
- Don’t leave pets or children unattended: Make sure to keep pets and children in a safe and cool place during the move.
- Don’t forget to check the weather: Keep an eye on the weather forecast and plan accordingly to avoid any unexpected weather-related disruptions.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can ensure a safe and successful move during the summer months.
Many people prefer to move out during the summer for a variety of reasons, including the temperature. They can devote more time to the moving process, and their children will not have to leave school in the middle of the year. This and other factors contribute to the appeal of a summer move. Hire a Removalists Bankstown company for more info) to assist you with the procedure. Always go with the best, certified and insured to have an easy moving experience.